I’m still on it, despite, you know, all the things that happen in life. Spent all weekend in Poser (and various other apps to make up for everything that either Poser or I can’t handle), which, as I have told you, is much less comfortable than advertised, which in turn surprises no one ever.
Now, on Monday afternoon, I have five seconds that are actually usable. Even pretty. I’m saving it all for the final fiasco/climax, since I’m a bastard, but here’s a little screen grab with altered colors.
I feel like writing, so here are, in no pretention of cohesion, a couple of points.
- I must be some sort of old hipster, since I find it interesting to use terrible software that everyone else has abandoned.
- The Mac App Store suffers, besides a general candybaritude, from a lack of attractive, well presented, convincing Silly Video Effects apps.
- I am eager to learn Anime Studio Pro, but if anything I create even by chance looks like Family Guy, I am going to kill myself.
- Smudging can save crappily rendered animation. I’ve been trying out a few tricks based upon exporting my clips as image sequences and damaging each frame with a bit of color, noise, filter filth and recompiling them, and boy does that look better. I will never be a proficient nerd (I can act like it, but don’t ask me to decipher Python, or whatever), but god dammit batch processing can save my ass.
- In the spirit of sharing, here’s a workflow that eats up your images and poops out a movie. It doesn’t always work for me (I seem to need another Automator action that can remove file extensions*, and I haven’t found it yet), but every time it does I scream with joy.
- Am I doing the right thing, devoting this much time to a project that has every potential to suck immensely? Guess I will never truly know.
* Follow-up: Turns out, what I needed was Name Mangler. Exemplary utility.